Super Sonic Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this forums made for all sonic (or shadow) fans alike! And if you dont like shadow thats kay too lol. talk about all stuff sonic related here!!!

HomeLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern

Go down 
+9
SativaSilver
xXSwiftRocket98Xx
rougethebank (vampire)
ONEnoughtTWO
fastmike123
titanicbouncehouse
Gamez4LYFE
_sonadowgorl_
Grandma
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Grandma

Grandma

Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern Empty
PostSubject: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 7:27 pm

Hello dear lovely Moderator team,

I am writing to you about something I have begun to notice that I find a little concerning. I will preface this by saying that I am not one of those people that demonizes a substance for merely existing and being against the law. I lived during the 1960's, so I think you can get an understanding for how well I am aware the war on drugs is simply a (Frankly racist) ploy/excuse to criminalize people of color. That is all to say that the act of Cannabis existing and being talked about is not what concerns me.

This forum has a very mixed age range, with a large population of young people. While there were discussions related to alcohol, I don't believe that lead to any concerns because we as a society have beat it into the ground that alcohol is not for children, so they typically are away of that. However, the legal status of Cannabis leads to a large amount of ignorance around the subject. Either it is demonized and fearmongered to an intense degree or it is completely not spoken about at all.

So due to the unknown and nebulous nature, I can see a lot of young kids here stumbling into a conversation that should realistically be happening only between adults. (As evidenced in Tailsbigfan223's comment in this thread here https://supersoniclovers.forumotion.com/t283-helloooo-earthlings) This is my concern. No, I am not saying that I am worried about people "indoctrinating the children", but this is a topic that I feel should be made very clear is for adults.
I immensely worry for the wellbeing of children and adolescents who repeat something they saw on a forum that they thought was "cool", and as a result of cultural fearmongering their parents go after them unnecessarily. Just like young people getting into cigarettes too early (A lesson I saw play out with my very eyes! Mothers had cigarettes in their lips while in the hospital, folks.) it is a lesson about harm mitigation. No substance is "good" nor "evil", but the person must be aware enough to weigh the benefits and risks themselves.

I am not suggesting an all-out ban, as you might've assumed an old person like me would be suggesting. However, I think there needs to be a level of tact and respect. Is there some way those conversations can exist in a space where you can keep children out? Maybe a separate "category" or "group"? Whatever the solution ends up being, I think this needs to be a discussion.

Sincerely,
Grandma Angie

Gamez4LYFE and SuperShadowenjoyer1999 dislike this post

Back to top Go down
https://i.imgur.com/fJzBiYN.jpg
_sonadowgorl_
Admin
_sonadowgorl_

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 7:31 pm

i agree kids should NOT do weed just because its 'cool' i think if your parents or something let you its ok. weed IS cool but like its not cool to do just BECAUSE its cool.
Back to top Go down
https://supersoniclovers.forumotion.com
Gamez4LYFE

Gamez4LYFE

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 10:31 pm

Grandma wrote:
Hello dear lovely Moderator team,

I am writing to you about something I have begun to notice that I find a little concerning. I will preface this by saying that I am not one of those people that demonizes a substance for merely existing and being against the law. I lived during the 1960's, so I think you can get an understanding for how well I am aware the war on drugs is simply a (Frankly racist) ploy/excuse to criminalize people of color. That is all to say that the act of Cannabis existing and being talked about is not what concerns me.

This forum has a very mixed age range, with a large population of young people. While there were discussions related to alcohol, I don't believe that lead to any concerns because we as a society have beat it into the ground that alcohol is not for children, so they typically are away of that. However, the legal status of Cannabis leads to a large amount of ignorance around the subject. Either it is demonized and fearmongered to an intense degree or it is completely not spoken about at all.

So due to the unknown and nebulous nature, I can see a lot of young kids here stumbling into a conversation that should realistically be happening only between adults. (As evidenced in Tailsbigfan223's comment in this thread here https://supersoniclovers.forumotion.com/t283-helloooo-earthlings) This is my concern. No, I am not saying that I am worried about people "indoctrinating the children", but this is a topic that I feel should be made very clear is for adults.
I immensely worry for the wellbeing of children and adolescents who repeat something they saw on a forum that they thought was "cool", and as a result of cultural fearmongering their parents go after them unnecessarily. Just like young people getting into cigarettes too early (A lesson I saw play out with my very eyes! Mothers had cigarettes in their lips while in the hospital, folks.) it is a lesson about harm mitigation. No substance is "good" nor "evil", but the person must be aware enough to weigh the benefits and risks themselves.

I am not suggesting an all-out ban, as you might've assumed an old person like me would be suggesting. However, I think there needs to be a level of tact and respect. Is there some way those conversations can exist in a space where you can keep children out? Maybe a separate "category" or "group"? Whatever the solution ends up being, I think this needs to be a discussion.

Sincerely,
Grandma Angie
my dad said i could eat all the weed i want sooooo.  ok grandma cherry Basketball cherry cherry

-=00-0000----------------AWESINE WEED BEASTIE BOYS VIDEO ONLINE AUCTION MIKE D HAIR WIGS MIKE D TOUPEE RUMORS

Gamez4LYFE, titanicbouncehouse and SuperShadowenjoyer1999 like this post

Back to top Go down
titanicbouncehouse

titanicbouncehouse

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 3:55 am

i love smokin thad dank meemaw

Gamez4LYFE likes this post

Back to top Go down
fastmike123

fastmike123

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 3:59 am

i do not want to smoke weed just play video games and create art and be fast so im ok
Back to top Go down
titanicbouncehouse

titanicbouncehouse

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 4:00 am

thats awesome dude
Back to top Go down
ONEnoughtTWO

ONEnoughtTWO

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 12:12 pm

WHAT'S A CANABBIS
Back to top Go down
rougethebank (vampire)

rougethebank (vampire)

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 12:19 pm

my granpa mike used to have weeds in his garden sometimes i would help him clean it and he would make us hot chocolate:)

ONEnoughtTWO, CreamTheBunnyrabbit and GunswordTheFox like this post

Back to top Go down
xXSwiftRocket98Xx

xXSwiftRocket98Xx

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 2:31 pm

ONEnoughtTWO wrote:
WHAT'S A CANABBIS
plural of cannibal probably
Back to top Go down
https://yahoo.com
SativaSilver

SativaSilver

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 2:40 pm

Aw man that's my thread! Sorry grandma, you seem like a great lady. I didn't mean to cause any problems, I can tone it down with the pot talk if that helps?

Grandma likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://ganjaparadise.neocities.org/
titanicbouncehouse

titanicbouncehouse

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 2:41 pm

im never gonna stop i love that sweet sweet erb

SativaSilver likes this post

Back to top Go down
Grandma

Grandma

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 3:24 pm

SativaSilver wrote:
Aw man that's my thread! Sorry grandma, you seem like a great lady. I didn't mean to cause any problems, I can tone it down with the pot talk if that helps?

Dear,

That is not what I was asking for! It disappoints me somewhat to see my nuance be ignored. There are certain topics that require a certain level of maturity in how they are handled. But I suppose it might be very difficult to make something like what I am asking happen. I did not mean to cause problems, I am simply concerned.

Best,
Grandma Angie
Back to top Go down
https://i.imgur.com/fJzBiYN.jpg
titanicbouncehouse

titanicbouncehouse

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 3:29 pm

we should have an 18+ section of the forum, i could join cause im cool

xXSwiftRocket98Xx dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
xXSwiftRocket98Xx

xXSwiftRocket98Xx

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 3:34 pm

these forums should be a place for everyone. sonic is not having sex everywhere or anything
Back to top Go down
https://yahoo.com
titanicbouncehouse

titanicbouncehouse

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 3:35 pm

not for sucking nor fucking, just for us epic weed smokers
Back to top Go down
SativaSilver

SativaSilver

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 3:56 pm

Grandma wrote:
SativaSilver wrote:

Dear,

That is not what I was asking for! It disappoints me somewhat to see my nuance be ignored. There are certain topics that require a certain level of maturity in how they are handled. But I suppose it might be very difficult to make something like what I am asking happen. I did not mean to cause problems, I am simply concerned.

Best,
Grandma Angie

Ahaha sorry Angie I'm h*gh as shit right now

Grandma and Big G-Meister like this post

Back to top Go down
https://ganjaparadise.neocities.org/
Big G-Meister

Big G-Meister

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2023 5:31 am

Grandma wrote:
Blah Blah Blah a whole bunch of worthless crap

quit being a narc

bigsbiggestfan and BLACKDOOM666 dislike this post

Back to top Go down
SuperShadowenjoyer1999

SuperShadowenjoyer1999

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2023 6:37 am

Hey man don't be mean to grandma

BLACKDOOM666 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SuperShadowenjoyer1999

SuperShadowenjoyer1999

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2023 6:37 am

not cool

BLACKDOOM666 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bigsbiggestfan

bigsbiggestfan

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2023 7:07 am

yeah don't be mean to grandma, what did she ever do to you? i agree that weeds are scary
Back to top Go down
BLACKDOOM666

BLACKDOOM666

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2023 1:54 pm

I wish I had a Grandma
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern   Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not a report against a specific person; simply a concern
Page 1 of 1